9.25.2007

Home is where the heart is

A couple of people have been asking me what my house looks like so I thought it would be fun to take some shots and document it. I also thought it would be fun for Jack to one day see what his house looked like when he was little. It is a work in progress like most things are but it's our home and we love it. So here it is...


Here is our latest addition to our home. For the longest time our basement served as one giant guest bedroom but recently we decided to renovate it and make it our family/playroom. I love it now. We spend most of our time down there and Jack can roam around as he pleases. Dan is very proud of his TV (say hi to Reg and Kelly!) and I love the big comfy sofa! The playroom has been a lot of fun. It's nice to have a place were kids can have fun!



This is our kitchen. We remodeled it about a year and a half ago and anyone who has been through a kitchen remodel I know you feel our pain. In the end it was defiantly worth it. We spend a lot of time in here. In the last picture you can see the "Wall of Fame" This is a wall that is dedicated to our friends and family and trying to capture the fun times we have had. It is full of polariods and if you ever come to my house you better be ready to pose!

Here are pictures of the study and the formal living room. Notice the study is a little cluttered and messy. I'm going to go ahead and blame that on Dan (sorry honey!) We took out the TV in the living room and surprisingly I love it. Its a great place to sit down and talk, read, or listen to music. We love to have friends and family over for dinner and fun.


These are shots of Jacks room. His room is my favorite room in the house. I love rocking him and playing with him in there. He has started to explore his surroundings and it is really funny. Now that he is standing in his crib he has left lots of bite marks and chipped paint. I guess he is leaving his mark for the next baby.

Here are some shots of the guest bedroom (first 2pics) and my bedroom (3rd pic.) Both beds are from Ikea...I love that place. My bedroom is a work in progress. This was Dan's bed before I met him and I fight him on a change but he is not budging! I guess a bed is a bed! The guest bedroom doubles as a catch all room but it is always available so come visit us!

4 comments:

kristina said...

Love the new lamp shade in the guest bedroom!!
you have such a cute and cozy house!!

Niki Carter said...

Those are fun! People keep trying to get me to do that and I haven't wanted to. Maybe I will. It really is fun to see people's homes. Yours is very modern. I really like it! You have a lot of style. I wish that we lived closer - we would have so much fun!

Leah Finch said...

lol... you are modern and yet a little Martha Stewartly (that's a new word iI just made up ; ) My room is looking especially cozy! I love your pillows! They remind me of something... maybe I'll post my new palace! lol... definition of a palace: The official residence of a king, queen, president etc... surely we all qualify as one of those!

Debbie Jones said...

What a great idea! Love it! YOur house looks so nice--Can you come and help me decorate?