5.14.2008

Artichoke Hummus

Artichoke Hummus
So easy and yummy this has become a staple at my house. It's great for a quick snack or can be made into a quick healthy meal. I like to pair it with carrots, snap peas, toasted pita, and quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas.

Recipe:
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 garlic clove
1 can chick peas (aka as garbanzo beans)
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tablespoons Tahini (aka sesame paste, it can be found in the special foods aisle or at a health food store)
1/2 teaspoon salt

First blend artichoke hearts and garlic in a food processor. When completely blended add in the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Pretty painless!

3 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

Rachael,
I just found your blog from Katie's... So fun to see your cute family and little Jack, as he's so close in age (Feb, no?) to my Rowan.
And, I LOVE hummus and am totally going to try this recipe! :)

Rachel (Rhien) Tucker

The Steel's said...

Oooo, this sounds yummy! I love Hummus, there is this fabulous place in Ogden called Roosters that has the best hummus! I am totally making this recipe! Love it, and love the pretty picture of it.

The Hillan Family said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to try it! Thanks!